|Tanya's internal organ.|
Having a car, you can go to the places without worrying that you might miss the bus schedule or the train schedule.
Taxi in Dubai is expensive and that's why, car is a necessity. I admit I enjoy riding the Dubai metro train and I guess that is one of the best project that the government provided for the locals, residents and tourists.
Here's the procedure on renewing your car registration.
1. Enter your car in the main gate (Al Wasel RTA). The security will give you a token number (piece of paper) and give them your car, keys and old car registration.
2. Go to counter 12 and wait for your turn (look at the piece of paper) and your token number will be on the TV screen.
3. When your token number showed on the TV screen, go to counter 12 and he will inform you whether your car testing passed or not. If passed, then, you will pay 50/AED for testing. If not, he will tell you what you have to do.
4. Car insurance. Near to counter 12 is an insurance company, wherein you can renew it there. You have 2 choices, full-insurance or 3rd party insurance. I chose the 3rd party (for budget reason). So its up to you to decide. They need the photocopies of your passport and driving license.
5. After the insurance renewed, they will give you your insurance documents and you have to go back to the reception desk to get your new Token number.
6. Once, you got the token number, wait and see your token number in the TV screen.
7. Go to the counter that showed in the TV and there you need to submit the documents that you have from the insurance (old registration card, proof of car testing and the car insurance).
8. Pay your car registration fee and pay as well the penalties if you have.
9. Go to the last counter which is next to counter 12 and get the new registration card and the sticker for your registration plate.
10. Get your car outside and you're ready to go.
For more information, visit www.rta.ae